Life as we knew it changed a great deal with the pandemic. We humans, being an adaptable species, changed with it. Certain behaviours were reinforced while others were lost. For 5things Tuesday let us enumerate things we no longer do or do less frequently.
Thanks https://saltedcaramel670.wordpress.com/tag/saltedcaramel/ for this question.
- I used to go shopping, just to browse, nearly every week. It is something I still do, but not as often. If I do go shopping it is more local than anything.
- I live quite a distance from my family, but before the pandemic, used to try and visit as much as possible. During COVID we didn’t travel because I was worried about being infectious. Now, it is easier because we can test ourselves before we go. I know the lateral flow tests are not 100 percent reliable, but at least it gives some peace of mind.
- We used to go to the cinema more often than we do now. In the last two years I think we have been only three times. Part of that is COVID, part of that is money. We are planning to see Spiderman this weekend, so it is getting easier.
- Going out without a mask in my pocket; It is something I believe helps stop the transferring of the disease. Even when the rules are eased I will still wear one. At least until we have some medical change from WHO.
- Not changing after work, and having a bath later in the day. I tend to have a bath now when I get in, mainly because I don’t want to spread COVID to my family. I work in an environment, where you would be more likely to catch it, so I’m not taking any chances.