The question was asked by https://saltedcaramel670.wordpress.com/tag/saltedcaramel/ what five things irritate you.
- I hate it when people are rude, and don’t consider other feelings. I grew up in a time where we learnt to be polite, even when we didn’t like the person. Please and thank you cost nothing. I can still hear my mum saying that, and to this day I remember my manners.
- When cars get too close to me when I am driving and sticking to the speed limit. I recently went on a speed awareness course – I don’t normally speed, and it is normally me moaning at my husband to slow down. When I am driving at the limit, I slow down if cars are so close they can see me frown. The trouble is I thought a car was too close to me, blissfully unaware that my back lights didn’t work.
- This brings me on to my next peeve. Cars. They are so expensive to keep going, and mine has only just come back from the garage, and the lights have gone again. There is a leak somewhere, and making the wires wet. I’m hoping it is a small fix, as I have just spent money for my holiday, and a ticket I picked up from a faulty machine.
- People who talk behind my back. If you have something to say to me, then just say it. I’m far from perfect, I know that, but I would rather someone be honest with me to my face.
- My final peeve is my electricity company – I’m in credit with both the gas and electric, but they still insist on putting my bill up every month. It is like they are trying to get more and more money from me. I understand the price of oil has gone up, but it would be nice if they asked me to put it up, rather than just hiking their prices without telling me.
I’m going to end with what I’m grateful for – I’m grateful for my family, and spending time with my loved ones. The simple things in life are important. Tonight I was at my daughters and we enjoyed a family tradition meal. Corned beef pie, mash and beans. It isn’t a lot to some, but we thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon, and got to spend time with our granddaughter.