From Cave Walls gave us this musical prompt this week.
- What music were you exposed to in your family home – genre, artist, or style. Mum and Dad never listened to much music while I was growing up. I don’t remember much, but I do like sixties and fifties music, even though I wasn’t born in that time. My sister must have listened to that type of music, and I was even named from a song ”My Diane”. Although Mum put an A at the end by mistake.
- Did you enjoy that type of music or did you rebel against it? I wasn’t much of a rebel, and even now my music tastes vary.
- How did you listen to music in your childhood home? Radio? Record player? Television? Record player.
- Did you buy records, tapes, cassettes, 8-tracks or CDs? I brought vinyl records, but when I was twelve, my dad’s brother gave me a pile of records. Some punk, Abba, ”These Boots are made for walking”, I can still hear the song in my head. My favourite song was ”I Will Survive”.
- What performers were you drawn to most as an adolescent? David Cassidy at first, but then Donny Osmond. When I was older Bon Jovi was my favourite singer.
- Who did you go to see for your first concert? Who did you go with? I’ve never been to a concert, but I would love to go to a Bon Jovi concert.
- What concert has been your favorite concert to date? I’ve never been to a concert, although Freddie and the Dreamers played in my home town. Not so much of a concert, but a small venue it the old sports stadium’s dance hall.
- When do you listen to music? In the car? At work? While studying or doing projects? I listen to music in the car, singing in my tone deaf voice, not caring because I enjoy singing.
- Did the music you listened to affect your attitudes, way of dress, or view of the world? I dressed how I wanted to, although who said that leg warmers and ra-ra skirts were fashionable. Don’t get me started on flares.
- How has your choice of music changed over the years? What is your genre of choice at this phase of your life? No, I enjoy all sorts of music, from Irish, Sixties, Rock and Roll, Rock. In fact the only music I don’t like is base.
- Bonus Question: What band or group posters did you have hanging in your room? Extra extra bonus points if you can share a copy of it or a link to it. Donny Osmond, David Cassidy, but nothing overshadowed my posters of Starsky and Hutch. Especially Starsky.
- EXTRA EXTRA BONUS: Care to share a playlist from Spotify?
I don’t have Spotify, my daughter has and it is mostly Disney songs, the favourite ”Growing Pressure” from Encanto. It makes me cry because I watched it after my sister’s funeral.