This week’s prompt fromhttps://fromcavewalls.wordpress.com/author/magcindy/ is: Secrets, Hiding Places and Niches
You can either free write using these questions as inspiration or answer the question as they are.
- Did you keep a diary or a journal? If so, where did you keep it? As a child I kept a diary, and it helped having a ”friend” to talk about my bullying. It wasn’t something I shared with my family, and I don’t think they know to this day I was bullied.
- Did you have treasures or money you hid from siblings or parents? Not really, I am the youngest of three. Both my sister and brother left home to get married, and I had no reason to hide things.
- Did you have a need to hide things your parents would not approve of, like cigarettes, etc.? Back then, cigarette smoking was more common place. I never felt the need to hide that I was smoking. I was sixteen and had started work. Most of my ”rebelling” was after school, when I thought I was an adult. Obviously I wasn’t.
- Thinking back, describe your most creative hiding place. I didn’t have any need to hide things.
- Did you have a tin box or safe or a diary with a lock? I had a pink, fluffy, diary with a little padlock.
- What about yourself? Did you ever have a favorite get away spot or hiding place? It might seem weird, but my hiding place, is where I can be on my own. I normally run a bubble bath, grab my glasses, and read a book for an hour. Nobody can disturb me, and I get some peace.
- If you did not feel the need to hide away, where did you go for a little alone time? As mentioned before, I ran a bubble bath.
- If you had siblings, did they hide things from you? If so, what types of things? My sister moved out when I was four. My brother when I was twelve. I was probably an annoying little sister, who was curious, so they probably did hide things from me.
- Now that you are an adult, do you still have little niches where you hide things away, like mad money, treasured letters, etc? I have no spare money to hide away lol. I have my own office, but it is rather cluttered at the moment. I treasure my family, especially my children and grandchildren.
- When you feel the need to be alone, to where do you retreat? Either in the bathroom, or in my bedroom. I pick up a good book and read. I can go wherever I want to go, and I don’t need to leave the house.