- What country do you live in?
- How many televisions do you have in your home?
I have three television’s in my home. One in the front room, one in my bedroom, one that my son and his best friend watch.
- On average, how many hours a day do you watch TV?
I watch TV for about three hours a day, but it is more on a Saturday, and when I am not at work.
- What kinds of programs do you typically watch (e.g., news, sports, movies, dramas, sitcoms, reality shows)? Depends on who is in control of the gadget. I watch a lot of detective programmes (Midsummer Murder, NCIS, Poirot, Miss Marple, Death in Paradise, NCIS Los Angeles, Hawaii Five O, Endeavour, Vera (UK detective) Murdoch Mysteries). To be honest the list is infinite, and depends on what is on at the time. My husband likes football, so when he is in control of the TV, normally watching Chelsea play. We have just watched Stranger Things together, and I love Greys Anatomy.
- Do you watch programs as they are aired or do you record them and watch them at other times? Often all the good programmes are on together, so I tape the one with adverts and watch the ones that don’t have adverts.
- Do you mostly watch “network” TV? Premium cable channels (e.g., HBO, Showtime)? Streaming channels (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple+)? It is changing, and we watch more Netflix, or Disney+. You can get the new films on Disney+. I rarely watch Sky, however some of the shows I like are only on Sky channels. The new series anyway.
- How often, if at all, do you use other devices than television (e.g., computers, smartphones) to watch programs?
Very few, if at all, I’m getting to an age where it is easier to watch on the TV than on other devices.