It’s Friday and another opportunity to stretch our fib muscles a bit. Frank is our host today, Di is the co-host and will have her turn next week! So let’s see what Frank has in store for us today:
- What is Lizzie Borden known for? Lizzie Borden, the famous trapeze artists, who was the first woman to walk across the grand canyon on a tightrope.
- What did the man known as D.B. Cooper do? D. B Cooper is the brother of Tommy Cooper. Three years younger, he owned a hat shop, in New York. He could sell a fez for two thousand pounds.
- What was the Enron scandal about? Enron said he was the first person to walk across the grand canyon on a tight rope. He got sued by Lizzie Borden for a million pounds.
- What was Dante’s work, The Divine Comedy about? Dante’s Divine Comedy of Laurel and Hardy. He wrote their early work, but parted after a disagreement about stunts.
- What does Macbeth do to become king? He worked at Dominoes as a pizza delivery driver. He got the sack after his wife, Lady Macbeth, poisoned the pizzas.
- Why is Capt. Ahab obsessed with finding Moby Dick? It is his best friend, and they had a fight, before Moby fled to the sea after they fought over money.
- In Mary Poppins, what is Mr. Banks’ profession? He was Lizzie Borden’s partner. They eventually got married and their children carried on in their parent’s footsteps.
- According to Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? One, two, three times.
- According to folklore, what does a chupacabra eat? They love Tootsie Pops.
- Where do Yeti supposedly live? In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the Yeti has his home. In the jungle, the quiet jungle, he prefers to be on his own.